Welcome to Svaroopa® Vidya Ashram Online
Svaroopavidya means the knowing (vidya) of your own inherent divinity (svaroopa). This knowing is an experiential knowing which dawns within, as a result of Swami Nirmalananda's transmission, teachings and the practices she shares.
Swamiji says, "This is about you. This is about how you feel, and about who you feel yourself to be. When you know your own Self, you experience an inner depth and joy. You live in freedom and fearlessness which overflows into a beautiful generosity and love for all."
Swamiji opens and closes every program with this Sanksrit phrase, OM svaroopa svasvabhavah namo namah. It means, "I bow to your inherent divinity, that Beingness that is being you. Again and again, I bow."
Housing & Meals FAQ - for Master Yoga and Ashram trainings and retreats
India 2015 FAQ - what you need to know
August Contemplation Article: "Yoga for Every Body" (hear it read by Devi) (click here for index to all 'Contemplation Articles')
For Wed, August 27th, 2014:
- New Satsang talk posted: "You Will Know - Baba's Shaktipat Anniversary" (from August 15th)
For Fri, August 22nd, 2014:
- New Satsang talk posted: "Difference & Non-Difference" (from August 10th)
For Thu, August 14th, 2014:
- New Satsang talk posted: "Peace Follows Renunciation" (from July 8th)
- Two new Blog entries: [Click here to review the entire blog]
For Fri, August 8th, 2014:
- August Contemplation posted: "Yoga for Every Body"
- New Satsang talk posted: "Union with Pain" (from July 1st)
For Fri, Aug 1st, 2014:
- New Satsang talk posted: "Renunciation is Yoga" (from June 29th)
- July Issue of SATYA Q&A available (password protected)
Two new Blog entries: [Click here to review the entire blog]
- "Taking Your Yoga Practice with You on Vacation" (by Yogeshwari Fountain)
- "YTT Level 4 - Moving into New Directions on All Levels" (by Matrika Gast as told by Kris Curran)
Thank you to all who have been offering your loving donations, which have made our Ashram programs possible.
We offer several levels of membership; our free Ashramite membership, our Shishya Membership and donation-based memberships.
Quick links to "What's Available"
Downingtown Yoga Meditation Center - free satsangs, yoga classes & workshops
Courses & Retreats
Consolidated Blog: Svaroopa Vidya Ashram and Master Yoga Foundation
B&B program to Downingtown
Online Audio Recordings of Swamiji’s talks and sutra commentaries
Contemplation Articles - 20 years of monthly teachings by Swami Nirmalananda
Ashram Store - books, music, statues & more
Meditation Teacher Resources - resources for Svaroopa®-trained teachers